MEDICAL SKIN NEEDLING
Improve the appearance of Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Surgical, Acne or Trauma Scars, Stretch Marks, Pigmentation & more!
We use Dermapen™ which is the world’s most advanced Meso Needling technology and is used to stimulate collagen production and renewal – resulting in smoother and more youthful looking skin. Dermapen™ is the perfect treatment for treating fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, skin texture and an overall rejuvenation of the skin.
|Skin Profile & Consultation||COMPLIMENTARY|
|Dermapen Sessions||from $155 (hands)|
Your skin has a self-rejuvenating function that is capable of significantly reducing blemishes caused by acne, trauma, pigmentation and a range of other ailments. Micro-needling activates this process by causing tiny punctures across the treated area.
As your skin heals, it produces collagen which forms a new layer of fresh tissue, creating a more youthful appearance on the surface and fighting antibodies beneath.
Dermapen technology has significant benefits over dermal-rolling and Fractional laser treatments, due to the minimal trauma inflicted upon your skin. This allows your skin to spend more effort fighting the ailment itself, rather than collateral damage inflicted during the procedure itself.
The Dermapen’s incredible results for anti-ageing and scarring are due to it’s unique patented technology. The Dermapen penetrates and vibrates the skin at a speed of 108 per second, making 1296 micro channels per second. By creating these micro-punctures in the skin, it stimulates collagen production, tightens pores, improve muscle tone and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Softening fine lines and wrinkle reduction
- Stretch marks and scar reduction
- Improving skin elasticity
- Thickening of the skin by stimulating the body’s own repair response
- Inducing production of natural collagen and growth factors
- Lighten pigmentation
- Diminish dilated blood vessels
Medical Skin Needling offers unparalleled collagen induction by harnessing the body’s innate ability to re-grow and repair the skin as a response to micro-damage. The micro punctures into the skin stimulate the production of collagen and elastin and normalising various skin functions.
Our go to equipment is a hand held device called Dermapen which has an adjustable needle head. Needle depth (.25mm – 2.5mm) can be altered depending on the skin condition being treated. The needles cause a small wound to the skins surface, stimulating the body’s natural reaction to heal. The treated area benefits from the growth of new skin cells that in turn improve the skins texture and appearance.
Initial redness will occur where platelets in the blood respond to the ‘wound’ while the tissue in the treated area will regenerate (heal). A ‘fibrotic response’ occurs generating new collagen and tissue formation
- No numbing is required
- Regular work activities can be resumed after treatment
- Dermapen is suitable for all skin types.
This treatment has no major side-effects and t is highly unlikely you will experience any infection or scarring. However, some people do occasionally show signs of the following – all of which disappear within 2-3 days.
• Mild swelling
More aggressive treatments may also result in scabs and crusting, but this usually subsides in 1-3 weeks. In very rare cases skin irregularities such as slight hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation may occur.
We also provide you with an aftercare regimen to ensure a healthy healing process.
Please understand individual results will vary.
- Patients who have not prepared their skin with Vitamin A (for at least 3 weeks prior to the procedure).
- Presence of skin cancers, warts, raised moles, solar keratosis or any type of skin infection.
- Clients on anti-coagulant drugs such as Warfarin, Heparin. Patients taking aspirin daily for any medical condition should cease it 3 days prior to treatment.
- Active Acne, Impetigo or Herpes Simplex, Eczema, Dermatitis or Psoriasis.