MEDICAL SKIN NEEDLING
Thousands of tiny needle pricks into the upper dermis set off the body’s natural wound healing process. We typically use Dermapen techniques for this process.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Skin health is influenced by numerous factors including lifestyle, environment, genetics, hormones, nutrition etc. Aging results in poor absorption of ingested skin nutrients and poor delivery to the target secondary to vascular and lymph insufficiency. Topical application of nutrients is a logical solution, but the natural barrier created by the skin has always limited success.
Enlarging the pathways through the skin with Medical Skin Needling to allow up to 80 percent more nutrients to penetrate has proven to be safe and effective. With Medical Skin Needling it is possible to obtain significant improvement of pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, scarring, hair restoration and even UV spots over time.
Preservation of the epidermis maintains environmental protection and minimises downtime. Medical Skin Needling has no reported post treatment pigmentation issues, even with sun exposure. Medical Skin Needling breaks down scar tissue, allowing reorganisation.
There are three phases to Medical Skin Needling. The first phase begins with the release of the body’s own growth factors, followed by a cascade of new epidermal growth, fibroblast chemo-taxis, fibroblast proliferation, and matrix production.
The proliferation of the body’s tissue continues to release growth factors from fibroblasts, keratinoytes and monocytes, culminating in the second phase where production of collagen I, III and IV, elastin, proteoglycans and glycosoaminoglycans, and the process of angiogenesis occur.
The last phase of the treatment is the tissue remodelling process, where the skin’s vascular matrix matures, causing the skin to tighten. The body’s ability to remodel and heal itself is at the heart of this amazing treatment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Softening fine lines and wrinkle reduction
- Stretch marks and scar reduction
- Improving skin elasticity
- Thickening of the skin by stimulating the body’s own repair response
- Inducing production of natural collagen and growth factors
- Lighten pigmentation
- Diminish dilated blood vessels
- Patients who have not prepared their skin with Vitamin A (for at least 3 weeks prior to the procedure).
- Presence of skin cancers, warts, raised moles, solar keratosis or any type of skin infection.
- Clients on anti-coagulant drugs such as Warfarin, Heparin. Patients taking aspirin daily for any medical condition should cease it 3 days prior to treatment.
- Active Acne, Impetigo or Herpes Simplex, Eczema, Dermatitis or Psoriasis.